Three Performances: Thursday through Saturday, March 15,16,17 at 7:30pm
Performances will be at Bartell Theater’s Evjue Stage.
In its seventh uproarious year, Wrong for the Part, inspired by Music Theater of Madison’s Miscast, is a collection of monologues and scenes from plays, movies, books, historical speeches – played by all the wrong actors for those roles!
This year’s WftP theme is “Brain / Psyche” — scientific, psychological, whimsical, intelligence, idiocy — whatever the performer means by brain or psyche.
Come laugh, love, be moved, and support KRASS, Madison’s only theater dedicated to promoting women playwrights and directors.
When: Monday January 8, Tuesday January 9. Please arrive at 7pm
Where: Bartell Theater, 113 E Mifflin St, Evjue stage.
Director: Jan Levine Thal
If you aren’t available either day, make an appointment IN ADVANCE OF THE AUDITIONS. Email <firstname.lastname@example.org> for an appointment.
YOU, the actor, choose the piece. If you want to do it but need suggestions for pieces, email email@example.com
Before you choose a piece, read the following:
The theme this year is “Brain / Psyche” but if you have a perfect piece and it has nothing to do with the theme, audition anyway. We’ll find a connection or a more relevant wrongful piece. Note: we have a slight bias in favor of comedy, but serious pieces will be considered.
* Everyone who wishes to be cast must audition. Yes, even if you’ve been in every other WftP.
* Time limits: no more than 3 minutes for monologues, 6 minutes for scenes. Somewhat negotiable. Dance is different.
* You do not have to memorize to audition but you do have to memorize by mid-February.
* No singing-only acts. To sing the wrong song, we highly recommend Miscast by Music Theater of Madison
* The part must be wrong for you. No director would ever cast you for that role.
* White people may not play people of color.
* You absolutely must be available evenings Monday, March 12 through Saturday March 17. NO EXCEPTIONS. For Tech rehearsals Monday and Tuesday, you will only need to be available for about 30 minutes one of those days. Wednesday is the mandatory dress rehearsal.