Performances: Three Days only: March 23, 24, 25 at 7:30pm
Performances will be at Bartell Theater’s Evjue Stage but the auditions are at the Lakeview Moravian Church
Now in its sixth uproarious year, “Wrong for the Part,” inspired by Music Theater of Madison’s “Miscast,” is a collection of monologues and scenes from plays, movies, books, historical speeches – played by all the wrong actors for those roles! This year’s WftP theme is “Flight” — running away, having wings, riding an airplane, daydreaming – whatever “flight” means to each miscast performer. Come laugh, love, be moved, and support KRASS, Madison’s only theater dedicated to promoting women playwrights and directors.
When: January 9 & 10. Please arrive at 7pm
If you aren’t available either day, make an appointment IN ADVANCE. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Director: Jan Levine Thal
Assistant Director: Phrannie Lyons
The theme this year is “Flight” but if you have a perfect piece and it has nothing to do with flight, audition anyway. We’ll find a connection or a more relevant wrongful piece. Note: we have a slight bias in favor of comedy but serious pieces will be considered.
* Everyone who wishes to be cast must audition. Yes, even if you’ve been in every other WftP.
* Time limits: no more than 3 minutes for monologues, 6 minutes for scenes. Somewhat negotiable. Dance is different.
* No singing-only acts. To sing the wrong song, we highly recommend Miscast by Music Theater of Madison
* The part must clearly be wrong for you. No director would ever cast you for that role.
* You absolutely must be available evenings Sunday March 19 through Saturday March 25. NO EXCEPTIONS. For Tech rehearsals Sunday and Monday, you will only need to be available for about 30 minutes. Wednesday is the mandatory dress rehearsal.
* We provide no costumes, no props, and no furniture besides a table and chairs. WftP is strictly BYO costumes, props, and furniture.
* We provide no special lighting or sound effects. We can play recorded music for dance numbers but not sound effects.
* No nudity.
* You must be available in mid-February to show us your piece. It must be memorized by then.
* We may require coaching if we feel your piece needs work. If we assign you a coach, you must work with them if you want to remain in the show.